Flash Required to view this area.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Kisses and Disses- Of Mice and Men


Fears are something I am always trying to conquer. I hate being afraid of things. Before I started to travel I had a huge fear of bugs of any shape or size. A minute spider would have me running into the adjacent room. After living in DR for a few months I forced myself to deal with this problem, and even get to the point where I could stare at a spider or, if need be, dispose of it. I am afraid to say though that I have discovered that there is one fear I just cannot beat, and that is getting progressively worse. You would think this would be disease or heights something a little more rational, but no my fear is of Mice. My reasoning is .. I have had bad experiences.

When I was little one of the houses we lived in had some mice problems. Maybe it was the fear I saw mice invoke in family members as they tore around the house and then under the piano that did it to me. Or finding their nests in our old sheds but somehow the fear got into me. Over the years I haven't really had to face this fear due to always having a cat at our house.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I was trying to get a handle on my house by cleaning what had turned suddenly into a disaster comparable to Katrina in new orleans. I had just finished up and I went to grab a marker our of our drawer to check off that I finished my chores ( yes i need a white board to motivate me). When I opened the drawer something dark darted and then jumped towards me. Realizing that I was about to be attacked my a furry squirmy little monster.. I ran out the door with the phone and onto the street. Naturally I called Kel to come and save me. We managed to catch this scary creature. The very next day though I found another mouse lying in my kitchen.. it had already passed away. Of course I did my usual run out the door to the street move. After this I started carrying a bebe rifle with me from room to room in my house for protection. While in my office the next day... i saw remnants of another enemy.. i went to do my usual move when in the hallway by the door i saw another one.. he stared me down but I managed to escape. We now have gotten the problem under control but I swear my fears are worse. At the zoo by the hippos all of a sudden I was surrounded by mice making me not enjoy the hippos at all. I cant even go to a pet store and look at them behind glass without shivering. Kel is trying to convince me that they are cute but I have yet to figure out how to beat this fear...
This brings me to this weeks Kisses and Disses......

* Mice trying to ruin my calgary zoo experience
*Drug Cartels In Northern Mexico
*Houses that won't stay clean on their own


* Mouse Alarms, don't ask me what they are actually called but they work!
* The Amazing Race being back on the air
* Spending the next 2 weekends with family



No comments:

Post a Comment