Flash Required to view this area.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Discombobulating Thursday

When I was 18 I ended up in New York on my way home from doing volunteer work in the Dominican Republic. The plans I had to stay with cousins in Pennsylvania fell through, and I knew no one ( or so I thought) on the eastern end of the U.S.A. My family is huge, I mean hundreds of cousins many of which I have never met. It is the kind of family where even if you are not really related but you have a great aunt in common you are still considered family ( we refer to ourselves as shirt-tail relatives). So my father phoned his father, who phoned his aunt, who called her sister in law who then phoned her grand children and low and behold I was picked up at JFK by the kindest most dear people in the world, who I instantly called aunty and uncle. They whisked me away and told me that their grand daughter and her friend from California were heading into NY today and if I would like to do some site seeing they would drop me off at the train. At this point I had not slept in 24 hours, but who passes up a chance to hang out in NY I mean really. So I jumped on a train with two girls I didn`t know, grabbed the first starbucks I had ever had ( yes I am from small town Canada) and just as before, they became family within minutes. The girl from California was one of those people you are just drawn to. She had an incredibly bubbly personality,and always used the word discombobulated. I never actually knew what the word meant, but whenever she said it I felt like that word seemed to just describe every situation so perfectly. I still don`t know if I ever use it in the right context but whenever I hear that word it reminds me of how crazy life can be, and how it`s the crazy things that alway`s end up so fun and worthwhile.

So hear are a few random thing`s I found on the internet that made me happy this week








Even if you don`t enjoy the taste of coffee, everyone loves the smell of it. Definitely putting these in my kitchen



I hate alarm clocks. They just frustrate me, and make me feel so happy when they stop and I can go back to sleep. My subconscious is sabotaging me. I think this is a perfect solution. It wakes you up gradually with light, just like the sunrise. Perfect for all us Canadians in the northern hemisphere experiencing the lack of sunlight.



Always a good thing to keep in mind when you see other people pursuing their dreams or who are accomplishing their goals.



I have had Paris on the brain lately. I desperately feel the need to go museum hopping.



Look`s like Captain Ahab`s whale is back!

The sun is shining, the bird`s are singing, have a great Thursday everyone
Ciao
- Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment